Posted to dev@ranger.apache.org by Rohit <ro...@gmail.com> on 2014/08/17 21:14:35 UTC

How to contribute.

Hi,

I’m looking forward to contribute to Argus. Would like to take up some tasks during the podling phase. Please let me know how can I be of some help.

Thanks,
Rohit.

Re: How to contribute.

Posted by Alan Gates <ga...@hortonworks.com>.
Hi Rohit, and welcome to contributing.

There are a couple of ways to get started.  One is to look through the
JIRAs and see any issues you want to address and start working on
those.  As Argus is just getting going the JIRA is pretty empty at this
point, but you might find something of interest there.  If you decide to
work on an issue be sure and comment on the issue so that other know
you're working on it.

The other option is to find an area where you'd like to add a feature or
find a bug in the code and then start on it.  You can file a JIRA for it
and/or send an email to the dev list so that you get feedback.

Alan.

--
Sent with Postbox <http://www.getpostbox.com>

--