Posted to dev@beam.apache.org by Aviem Zur <av...@gmail.com> on 2017/04/22 06:17:09 UTC

Hanging Jenkins builds.

Hi all,

Please be aware that Beam builds (precommit + postcommit validations) are
hanging since a few hours ago.

This seems to be a problem in builds of other projects as well (for
example, Kafka).

I've opened an INFRA ticket:

Re: Hanging Jenkins builds.

Posted by Kenneth Knowles <kl...@google.com.INVALID>.
This is a failure in just the precommit for #2636, nothing that has been
committed yet. It wouldn't affect other builds.

Re: Hanging Jenkins builds.

Posted by Aviem Zur <av...@gmail.com>.
They did kill a couple of builds that were running, but the builds that
started immediately after suffered the same hanging.
Now it seems builds aren't being started at all for new pushes to PRs. And
invoking 'Retest this please' seems to do nothing as well.

Re: Hanging Jenkins builds.

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.

Re: Hanging Jenkins builds.

Posted by Davor Bonaci <da...@apache.org>.

Re: Hanging Jenkins builds.

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
Looks like this might be the cause for the failed build (
https://builds.apache.org/view/Beam/job/beam_PreCommit_Java_MavenInstall/9927/console
):

/home/jenkins/jenkins-slave/workspace/beam_PreCommit_Java_MavenInstall/sdks/java/core/src/main/java/org/apache/beam/sdk/transforms/CombineFns.java:145:
error: reference not    found
   * <p>See {@link #compose()} or {@link #composeKeyed()}) for details.
                                         ^
/home/jenkins/jenkins-slave/workspace/beam_PreCommit_Java_MavenInstall/sdks/java/core/src/main/java/org/apache/beam/sdk/transforms/CombineFns.java:147: