Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by mashleyttu <ma...@gmail.com> on 2015/12/14 18:56:36 UTC

Wicket Atmosphere Clustering

Hello,

Has anyone had any luck clustering Wicket Atmosphere? We've setup a
Hazelcast broadcaster using this documentation (
https://github.com/Atmosphere/atmosphere/wiki/Configuring-Atmosphere-for-the-Cloud
<https://github.com/Atmosphere/atmosphere/wiki/Configuring-Atmosphere-for-the-Cloud>
) in hopes that any node in our cluster could call EventBus.post, and it
would be broadcast to all nodes. The node that had the users websocket
connection would then send the server push.

However, it looks as though the EventBus.push is checking for the
broadcasters AtmosphereResources before doing the post. These seem to be
isolated per node. Our next approach was to use a Hazelcast topic to pushing
the AtmosphereResource to all other nodes when it was added on one node,
however AtmosphereResourceImpl.java is not serializable so it did not work.

We are currently running a slighting older version of Wicket 6.11 with the
Wicket-Atmosphere 6.18 maven package. We tried upgrading to some of the
wicket-experimental Atmosphere packages, but these seemed to cause all sorts
of errors with our current setup.

Any suggestions tutorial would be great.

Thanks,
Matt