Posted to dev@mahout.apache.org by deneche abdelhakim <a_...@yahoo.fr> on 2008/09/20 10:35:22 UTC

Re : Mahout on EC2

Sounds cool :)

I'll do the TSP part, but it may take some time because I'm a bit busy (PhD's administrative stuff).

There are many available large TSP benchmarks, and it seems that there is a common file format for them TSPLIB (http://www.informatik.uni-heidelberg.de/groups/comopt/software/TSPLIB95/DOC.PS). So the TSP example should be modified to load those benchmark files.

I have a question about EC2 : can you run Java Swing programs and see the GUI because the TSP example has a Swing GUI, or should we should make a console version of the example ?

Posted by deneche abdelhakim <a_...@yahoo.fr>.
Ok, in this case its the main program that has a Swing GUI, the Map-Reduce Jobs have no GUIs at all. But yeah, it's always good to separate the GUI code from the logic.

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.

--
ted

Re: Mahout on EC2