Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de> on 2014/09/19 22:34:08 UTC

Flexmojox 7.1.0-SNAPSHOT with included Mavenizer functionality :-)

?Hi Guys,

I just wanted to inform you that the latest SNAPSHOT version of Flexmojos 7.1.0 will utilize the 1.0.0-SNAPSHOT version of the Apache Flex Mavenizer.

While my changes from today will have no effect on existing Flexmojos builds , it now allows to omit the playerglobal or airglobal dependencies. When omiting the runtime artifacts it is however necessary to specify the 'flashVersion' or 'airVersion' config parameter in order to tell flexmojos which artifacts to use. Flexmojos will automatically add missing dependencies. If these are resolveable locally or from a remote repository nothing special will happen. If however you specify a runtime version that is not available locally or remotely, the Maveizer will display the "Adobe license Agreement acceptance question". If and only if you type "yes" and hit enter will it automatically download the missing artifact and automatically mavenize it. After this the build continues as usual. The next time the build will find the artifact in the local repository and not download it again. ?In companies it is now up to the admins to deploy these artifacty in the company repositories. If this is done, noone else and especially no CI build will have to deal with anything special.

I would like to invite you to use and test this feature. As soon as it seems to be working for a set of users without any problems, I would like to release the Mavenizer as this is a requirement to releasing the next Flexmojos version.

One thing I did notice, was that on a mac the extraction of an Air SDK seems to take for ages. I remember the same functionality being a lot faster on a Windows machine. Probably its a lot faster to extract a zip than a tbz archive. Eventually we have to change the way tbz archives are extracted.

If you were setting the 'playerVersion' configuration option. You need to rename this to 'flashVersion'. Setting of 'flashVersion' will result in 'playerVersion' being set to the value of 'flashVersion' on the compiler output. I needed to do this so make the configuration options slightly more intuitive. I didn't like the idea of setting "airVersion" or "playerVersion".

You would make me really happy if I got some responses on this ... without any feedback it's hard to find any problems. So please, you flexmojos out here ... give the feature a short spin with a project or two.

Chris

AW: Flexmojox 7.1.0-SNAPSHOT with included Mavenizer functionality :-)

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Ok ... sorry for that ... I completely rewrote the Mavenizer but forgot to rewrite the Readme.
Will do that as soon as possible.

Chris

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Well actually not quite correct:

As you already pointed out ... the Readme is a little out of date ... will adjust that as soon as possible
You have to use Flexmojos 7.1.0-SNAPSHOT as this version hasn't been released yet.
It also shouldn't matte what FDK version you are using as the feature is completely independent from the Flex version itself.

Usually Flexmojos would complain about a missing playerglobal or airglobal dependency. Now you are able to set the flashVersion or airVersion config options of Flexmojos to the version you like (Actually you can only use the same versions the Flex Installer uses, as I use the same config file). If Flexmojos finds no playerglobal or airglobal, it looks if one of these options are set. If it is, it checks your maven local repo, if the artifact is already here. If it is, it adds that to the build and all is good to go. If it's not there, it checks any remote repo, and eventually downloads it from there and adds it to the build. If the artifact isn't present either locally nor remotely, it displays the Adobe "do you accept our terms" question and after entering "yes" it downloads the playerglobal or the air SDK for your current platform and automatically mavenizes this into your local maven repo ... and then it dynamically adds the artifact to your build.

So if you provide the playerglobal or airglobal nothing has changed, if however you omit this and set the fashVersion you can upgrade to a new flash version by simply changing the property version. For example when mavenizing the latest flash player was 13.0 and you now want to utilize 15, all you have to do is update the version and run your build. When Maven asks you, you accept the license agreement and from there all is back to normal.

I agree the benefit of this is rather thin, but now we can start publishing Flex as maven artifacts and don't have to deal with the playerglobal and airglobal. Without this feature, I guess, this would have always been doomed as we would have required our users to keep deploying stuf manually.

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.
Chris,