Posted to users@directory.apache.org by Ike Ikonne <ii...@us.ibm.com> on 2014/03/24 01:44:54 UTC

Error while using the Open Configuration through Apache Ldap Studio

Hi all,

I am getting the following stacktrace when I try to use the "Open
Configuration"
of Apache Directory studio. The version of the Apache Directory server
that
I am trying to "Open Configuration" against is apacheds-2.0.0-M16.  My
machine
OS is Windows 7, and the version of the ApacheDS install that I used is
apacheds-2.0.0-M16.exe. The Apache Studio version that I am running is
Version: 2.0.0-SNAPSHOT

Any suggestions would be highly appreciated.  Here is the stacktrace:

org.apache.directory.shared.ldap.model.exception.LdapNoSuchAttributeException:
ERR_04269 ATTRIBUTE_TYPE for OID ads-replpingersleep does not exist!
        at
org.apache.directory.shared.ldap.model.schema.registries.DefaultAttributeTypeRegistry.lookup(DefaultAttributeTypeRegistry.java:317)
        at
org.apache.directory.shared.ldap.model.schema.registries.DefaultAttributeTypeRegistry.lookup(DefaultAttributeTypeRegistry.java:47)
        at
org.apache.directory.shared.ldap.schemamanager.impl.DefaultSchemaManager.lookupAttributeTypeRegistry(DefaultSchemaManager.java:1620)
        at
org.apache.directory.shared.ldap.model.entry.DefaultEntry.<init>(DefaultEntry.java:310)
        at
org.apache.directory.studio.apacheds.configuration.v2.jobs.LoadConfigurationRunnable.readConfiguration(LoadConfigurationRunnable.java:358)
        at
org.apache.directory.studio.apacheds.configuration.v2.jobs.LoadConfigurationRunnable.getConfiguration(LoadConfigurationRunnable.java:182)
        at
org.apache.directory.studio.apacheds.configuration.v2.jobs.LoadConfigurationRunnable.run(LoadConfigurationRunnable.java:127)
        at
org.apache.directory.studio.common.core.jobs.StudioJob.run(StudioJob.java:83)
        at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:54)
Caused by: org.apache.directory.shared.ldap.model.exception.LdapException:
ERR_04269 ATTRIBUTE_TYPE for OID ads-replpingersleep does not exist!
        at
org.apache.directory.shared.ldap.model.schema.registries.DefaultSchemaObjectRegistry.lookup(DefaultSchemaObjectRegistry.java:176)
        at
org.apache.directory.shared.ldap.model.schema.registries.DefaultAttributeTypeRegistry.lookup(DefaultAttributeTypeRegistry.java:313)
        ... 8 more

Re: Error while using the Open Configuration through Apache Ldap Studio

Posted by Ike Ikonne <ii...@us.ibm.com>.
Sure! I haven't filled a JIRA before, but if you give me an instruction on
how to
do it, I will gladly do so.

Thanks,

Ike

From:   Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>
To:     users@directory.apache.org,
Date:   03/24/2014 12:17 AM
Subject:        Re: Error while using the Open Configuration through
Apache Ldap Studio

One last thing :

could you fill a JIRA with the error you've go ? That wil help us as a
reminder to fix this issue !

Le 3/24/14 6:10 AM, Ike Ikonne a écrit :
> Thanks!  I really do appreciate the responsiveness of the ApacheDS
group.
> You are great!
>
> Ike
>

> From:   Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>
> To:     users@directory.apache.org,
> Date:   03/24/2014 12:08 AM
> Subject:        Re: Error while using the Open Configuration through
> Apache Ldap Studio
>

> Le 3/24/14 5:14 AM, Ike Ikonne a écrit :
>> Hi Emmanuel,
>>
>> Right, so, apache studio Version: 2.0.0-SNAPSHOT, which version of
>> apacheDS server
>> does it respond to in regards to the "Open Configuration" operation. Do

> we
>> know?
> Yes, it works with 2.0.0-M15, although you really should use 2.0.0-M16.
>
> We have to fix the error you've got though. 2.0.0-M16 is one week old,
> and we haven't had time yet to get the configuration plugin updated.

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com

Re: Error while using the Open Configuration through Apache Ldap Studio

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.
One last thing :

Posted by Ike Ikonne <ii...@us.ibm.com>.

From:   Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>
To:     users@directory.apache.org,
Date:   03/24/2014 12:08 AM

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.

From:   Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>
To:     users@directory.apache.org,
Date:   03/23/2014 11:07 PM
Apache Ldap Studio

Le 3/24/14 4:45 AM, Ike Ikonne a écrit :
> Hi Thanks for your response, has apacheds-2.0.0-M15 been updated to
> support apache studio?
This works the other way around.

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com

Re: Error while using the Open Configuration through Apache Ldap Studio

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.

From:   Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>
To:     users@directory.apache.org,
Date:   03/23/2014 10:42 PM
Apache Ldap Studio

Le 3/24/14 1:44 AM, Ike Ikonne a écrit :
> Hi all,
>
> I am getting the following stacktrace when I try to use the "Open
> Configuration"
> of Apache Directory studio. The version of the Apache Directory server
> that
> I am trying to "Open Configuration" against is apacheds-2.0.0-M16.  My
> machine
> OS is Windows 7, and the version of the ApacheDS install that I used is
> apacheds-2.0.0-M16.exe. The Apache Studio version that I am running is
> Version: 2.0.0-SNAPSHOT
>
> Any suggestions would be highly appreciated.

We haven't updated Studio yet to support the latest M16 configuration.

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com

Re: Error while using the Open Configuration through Apache Ldap Studio

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.