Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com> on 2006/04/22 14:01:32 UTC

How to disable/protect the "New publication" feature

Hi

How can I disable/protect the "New publication" feature?

For the moment I have commented the link within

lenya/xslt/util/welcome.xsl

but this isn't really save ...

Thanks

Michi

--
Michael Wechner

Re: How to disable/protect the "New publication" feature

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.
Michael Wechner schrieb:
> Hi
>
> How can I disable/protect the "New publication" feature?
>
> For the moment I have commented the link within
>
> lenya/xslt/util/welcome.xsl
>
> but this isn't really save ...

Usecase protection only works in publications. You could

- disallow access to the publication overview page
   (e.g. using a proxy)

- add a "new publication" menu item to your publication

- add the entry to usecase-policies.xml

That should work.

-- Andreas

Re: How to disable/protect the "New publication" feature

Posted by Doug Chestnut <dh...@virginia.edu>.
Hi Michi,
To "disable this usecase" I use this

{mypub}/config/cocoon-xconf/usecases-remove-createpub.xconf:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
   <xconf xpath="/cocoon/usecases" >
     <component-instance
name="publication.createPublicationFromTemplate" logger="lenya.publication"
       class="org.apache.lenya.cms.usecase.DummyUsecase">
     </component-instance>
   </xconf>

HTH,
--Doug

Posted by Michael Ralston <mi...@ralston.id.au>.
On Saturday 22 April 2006 22:01, Michael Wechner wrote:
> How can I disable/protect the "New publication" feature?

I was thinking of making some fairly substantial changes to the User login
system. I'd like to have a single-sign-on for all publications, and depending
on the user's group, determine whether they could create new publications.

The admin site could then be served by admin.lenya.com for example, and that
would ask for a username/password immediately, once logged on you would be
shown a list of publications which you had access to, and the new publication
button if you were in a group able to create publications.

The Live area could still be proxied through apache to live areas and be
served by www.whatever.com www.example.com etc

WDYT?

Michael Ralston