Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Samruben <ra...@gmail.com> on 2012/02/07 18:41:47 UTC

error executing mvn exec:java

Hi,

I am new user to apache camel. I am very much interested to learn it. I just
treied to implement the walk through sample(first example) using java dsl.
Bu when i execute mvn exec:java I am getting this error.

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal
org.codehaus.mojo:exec-maven-plugin:1.1.1:java (default-cli) on project
camel-example-jms-file: The parameters
 'mainClass' for goal org.codehaus.mojo:exec-maven-plugin:1.1.1:java are
missing or invalid -> [Help 1]

Kindly give me a solution to solve it. It will very helpful to proceed

Re: error executing mvn exec:java

Posted by Babak Vahdat <ba...@swissonline.ch>.
Hi

simply follow what [1] says. You did not provide the expected profile
argument to maven which is "-PExample".

[1]
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/camel/trunk/examples/camel-example-jms-file/README.txt

Babak

Re: error executing mvn exec:java

Posted by Samruben <ra...@gmail.com>.
Thank you so much, I got it working with your guidance

Re: error executing mvn exec:java

Posted by Samruben <ra...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Samruben <ra...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Samruben <ra...@gmail.com>.
I am using the example camel-example-jms-file provided in apache-camel-2.9.0.

http://camel.apache.org/walk-through-an-example.html

Re: error executing mvn exec:java

Posted by Hadrian Zbarcea <hz...@gmail.com>.
Glen,

 From the log: "on project *camel-example-jms-file*" [1]. The camel
version would have been interesting though.

Hadrian

[1]
https://github.com/apache/camel/tree/trunk/examples/camel-example-jms-file

On 02/07/2012 12:51 PM, Glen Mazza wrote:
> Which sample are you talking about (can you provide a URL)?
>
> Glen
>
> On 02/07/2012 12:41 PM, Samruben wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am new user to apache camel. I am very much interested to learn it.
>> I just
>> treied to implement the walk through sample(first example) using java
>> dsl.
>> Bu when i execute mvn exec:java I am getting this error.
>>
>> [ERROR] Failed to execute goal
>> org.codehaus.mojo:exec-maven-plugin:1.1.1:java (default-cli) on project
>> camel-example-jms-file: The parameters
>> 'mainClass' for goal org.codehaus.mojo:exec-maven-plugin:1.1.1:java are
>> missing or invalid -> [Help 1]
>>
>> Kindly give me a solution to solve it. It will very helpful to proceed
>>
>> --

Hadrian Zbarcea
Principal Software Architect
Talend, Inc
http://coders.talend.com/
http://camelbot.blogspot.com/

Re: error executing mvn exec:java

Posted by Glen Mazza <gm...@talend.com>.
Which sample are you talking about (can you provide a URL)?

Glen

On 02/07/2012 12:41 PM, Samruben wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am new user to apache camel. I am very much interested to learn it. I just
> treied to implement the walk through sample(first example) using java dsl.
> Bu when i execute mvn exec:java I am getting this error.
>
> [ERROR] Failed to execute goal
> org.codehaus.mojo:exec-maven-plugin:1.1.1:java (default-cli) on project
> camel-example-jms-file: The parameters
>   'mainClass' for goal org.codehaus.mojo:exec-maven-plugin:1.1.1:java are
> missing or invalid ->  [Help 1]
>
> Kindly give me a solution to solve it. It will very helpful to proceed

Glen Mazza
blog: www.jroller.com/gmazza