Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Tony Heal <th...@pace2020.com> on 2006/10/04 22:40:59 UTC

[users@httpd] rewrite not working

I am trying to use rewrite and it is not working. I have a debian sarge
system. Here are the pertinent facts from the conf file and error log. If I
remove the <Driectory> block the systems works fine.

I know I am missing something but not sure what.

ii  apache         1.3.33-6sarge2 versatile, high-performance HTTP server

ii  apache-common  1.3.33-6sarge2 support files for all Apache webservers

ii  apache2-utils  2.0.54-5sarge1 utility programs for webservers

Alias /twiki/ "/var/www/twiki/"

BrowserMatchNoCase ^$ anonymous_spider

<Directory "/var/www/twiki/">

        Options +FollowSymLinks

        DirectoryIndex index.html

        RewriteRule /index\.html /bin/view [R]

        RewriteEngine on

        Order Allow,Deny

        Allow from all

        Deny from env=anonymous_spider

</Directory>

[Wed Oct  4 15:15:39 2006] [error] [client 192.168.2.102] Options
FollowSymLinks or SymLinksIfOwnerMatch is off which implies that RewriteRule
directive is forbidden:
/var/www/twiki/pub/TWiki/PatternSkin/background_input.gif