Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Dean Gaudet <dg...@arctic.org> on 1997/10/10 14:40:30 UTC

Re: indenting

That's because you should set sw=4, leave hard tabs alone, and use ^T and
^D.  Hard tabs happen every 8th column, and that's the way everything
defaults.  If it bothers you, run expand on the file (which, naturally
defaults to 8 column tabs), but whatever you do, don't let your vi insert
4 column tabs into the file.  ... which is damn near impossible.

If you really like hitting TAB in vi instead of ^T you can probably get
away with ":map ^V^I ^V^T".

Dean