Posted to olio-user@incubator.apache.org by hao zhang <ju...@gmail.com> on 2010/06/14 18:19:34 UTC

Reloading the database and data storage

Hi,
Can anyone explain why the database and data storage needs to be
reloaded before each run?
If I have already loaded the database and data storage, say for 10,000
users. Then do I need to reload them again if the following tests have
concurrent user less than 100?
Thanks.

- Hao

Re: Reloading the database and data storage

Posted by Amanda Waite <am...@googlemail.com>.
Hao,

It shouldn't be necessary to reload the DB every run, but it depends on what
you are testing. If you are testing app server infrastructure then you want
the DB to behave consistently. Every run you make adds data to the DB, at
some point, you might find that transaction times to the DB start to
increase, or worse, they do but you don't realise. Loading the DB for every
run means that you don't have to factor in the state of the DB in order to
interpret the results.

Amanda

Posted by hao zhang <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,