Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Gili Nachum <gi...@gmail.com> on 2014/07/23 11:31:55 UTC

Are stored fields compressed by default?

Hi! I'm planning to use atomic-updates
<https://wiki.apache.org/solr/Atomic_Updates> which means having all fields
stored.
Some docs might have text fields of up to 200K, I will feel better knowing
that Solr automatically compresses stored fields (I know Lucene 4.x default
codec does).
*Are stored fields compressed by default? Or there's a way to configure it?
(Solr 4.7).*
Thanks!

Re: Are stored fields compressed by default?

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
Yes, they have been since 4.1.

And there's no handy option for turning this off at this point..

Best,
Erick