Posted to dev@samza.apache.org by Jacob Maes <ja...@gmail.com> on 2016/01/28 02:34:53 UTC

[DISCUSS] (SAMZA-865) REST API for starting and stopping Samza jobs

Hey folks,

I wanted to solicit feedback on the design for a REST API for starting and
stopping jobs.

At LinkedIn, this API is going to help us integrate other services/features
with Samza and provide a cluster-management-agnostic means of managing
Samza jobs. As mentioned in the design doc, despite the constrained initial
use case, this REST service will likely be extended for additional use
cases in the future. I imagine this will be useful for most other Samza
implementations as well.

Please have a look. Feedback is appreciated.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SAMZA-865

-Jake

Re: [DISCUSS] (SAMZA-865) REST API for starting and stopping Samza jobs

Posted by Jacob Maes <ja...@gmail.com>.
There were no questions in my initial email, so I thought I'd add a couple
to seed the discussion:
1. Does a separate Samza REST service sound useful for your Samza
implementation(s)?
2. Is the API useful and extensible for your purposes?
3. Is anyone working on something similar?

Thanks,
Jake