Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by James McGill <ja...@ableengineering.com> on 2010/09/13 21:24:17 UTC

Receiving Non-Inventory items on Purchase Order

Hello Ofbiz Users.

We want to make Purchase Orders for products that will not, when received,
create Inventory Items.

Is there already a method for doing this in Ofbiz?  We tried "digital goods"
but that wasn't quite what we expected.
Basically we just want receiving, for certain products, to close the
Purchase Order item but not create any Item record or quantity in the
facility application.

I would be able to implement this myself if necessary, but I want to be sure
about what would break, or if there are any accountability issues to
consider.  Does Ofbiz out-of-the-box have a method for dealing with
non-inventory orders?

--
James McGill
Phoenix AZ