Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Nishant Rao <kn...@hotmail.com> on 2003/04/10 03:58:43 UTC

Re: can we specify an encoding to use with the POIFSFileSystem API ??

I've tried investigating this further but to no avil...does anyone know
whether there are any limitations of POI with respect to encodings and
charsets ?? Whats confusing is that Japanese characters are getting
converted okay both on XP and Solaris but latin extended characters are okay
on XP but not on Solaris ??

any ideas/suggestions would be a tremendous help !!