Posted to general@lucene.apache.org by Nagendra Nagarajayya <nn...@transaxtions.com> on 2011/01/27 17:33:58 UTC

[Announce] RankingAlgorithm ver 1.0

Hi!

I would like to announce RankingAlgorithm. RankingAlgorithm is a new search
algorithm that seems to enable Solr to returns results comparable to
Google site
search results, and much better than Lucene
<http://tgels.com/wiki/en/ComparisonWithGoogleSiteSearchAndLucene>.
RankingAlgorithm uses
Lucene for Indexing but searches, scores and ranks on its own.  It is very
easy to use as there is  no change to the existing indexes, except that
the results
and the score, which is again very easy to read and shows the relevancy
of the match.

You can get more information about RankingAlgorithm from here:
http://rankingalgorithm.tgels.com

You can try out a demo with Solr here:
http://solr-ra.tgels.com/rankingsearch.jsp

A case study "Integrating RankingAlgorithm with JAMWiki" is available
here: http://solr-ra.tgels.com/wiki/en/Case_Study

You can download RankingAlgorithm from here (it is free):
http://rankingalgorithm.tgels.com

Please give it a try and send your feedback to rankingalgorithm@tgels.com.

Sincerely,

- Nagendra Nagarajayya
rankingalgorithm.tgels.com

Re: [Announce] RankingAlgorithm ver 1.0

Posted by Nagendra Nagarajayya <nn...@transaxtions.com>.
Hi Ted:

It is free for open source projects and non-profits. I looked at the
license agreement and
am not sure which parts limit re-distribution but if you can point it
out, sure
can take a look to make the needed changes. It is not open source though.

Regarding Lucene/Solr, the wiki has the schema and solrconfig used for
the tests,
see here: http://solr-ra.tgels.com/wiki/en/Demo

Lucene is very good and RankingAlgorithm builds on to this by making it
very easy
to get relevant and accurate results without much  tuning, etc.

Regards,
- NN

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.