Posted to cactus-dev@jakarta.apache.org by William Ferguson <Wi...@contractorsolutions.com.au> on 2006/04/11 02:52:04 UTC

Building Cactus

Am I confused or are there some inconsistencies between the Eclipse
.classpath and the dependencies defined in dependencies.default.xml?

Specifically:
* Cargo-0.6.jar is defined as a dependency but cargo-0.5.jar is defined
in .classpath.
* The JSTL 1.0.2 jars are defined as dependencies but 1.0.6 is defined
in .classpath
* The Xerces 2.2.1 APIs are defined as a dependency by 2.6.2 is defined
in .classpath
* 3 j2ee jars are defined as dependencies, geronimo-spec and 2 versions
of jboss, but j2ee.jar is defined in .classpath (I chose to use geronimo
in .classpath for  reasons I can't recall)
* 2 commons-jelly jars are referenced in .classpath but are not defined
as dependencies, requiring them to be removed from .classpath to get
Eclipse to build.
* A specific repository version of Ant is defined in .classpath but is
not defined as a dependency. Should it be listed as a dependency?

Also, why is JUnit.jar (which is defined as a dependency), not
downloaded with all the other dependencies?

I'd appreciate help understanding the above as I have come to rrealise
that I need to make more changes than I first thought in order to
implement CACTUS-238
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CACTUS-238?page=all
Specifically I need to also modify the Cactus Ant task (as well as
provide a non-Jar version of Cactify)

William

Re: Building Cactus

Posted by Felipe Leme <ma...@felipeal.net>.
Hi again Willian,

On 4/14/06, Felipe Leme <ma...@felipeal.net> wrote:
> You are not confused - the problem is that the .classpath and .project
> are set manually (that alone is a good reason to migrate the build to

I had updated the .classpath and .projects - see if they work for you now...

> Sorry for not analysing your patches yet - I will try today, I promisse :-(

Unfortunately, cleaning up the Cargo stuff took me more time than I
though, so I haven't looked at it yet....

Re: Building Cactus

Posted by Felipe Leme <ma...@felipeal.net>.
Hi William,

William Ferguson wrote:
> Am I confused or are there some inconsistencies between the Eclipse
> .classpath and the dependencies defined in dependencies.default.xml?

You are not confused - the problem is that the .classpath and .project
are set manually (that alone is a good reason to migrate the build to
Maven 2).

> Also, why is JUnit.jar (which is defined as a dependency), not
> downloaded with all the other dependencies?

You mean on Eclipse or Ant build? If you mean Eclipse, I guess it's not
necessary, as Eclipse provides that jar.

> I'd appreciate help understanding the above as I have come to rrealise
> that I need to make more changes than I first thought in order to
> implement CACTUS-238

Sorry for not analysing your patches yet - I will try today, I promisse :-(

[]s,

-- Felipe