Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Marcos Mainar <ma...@gmail.com> on 2010/11/01 14:55:12 UTC

Portlet support in Tapestry 5?

Dear Tapestry users,

I wanted to ask if there is any kind of official or non-official portlet
development support in Tapestry 5. I have seen that Tapestry 4 had portlet
development support but I haven't been able to find any portlet support for
Tapestry 5.

Thank you,

Marcos

Re: Portlet support in Tapestry 5?

Posted by "Vangel V. Ajanovski" <aj...@ii.edu.mk>.
On 01.11.2010 19:11, Howard Lewis Ship wrote:
> This seems to perpetually be something "in the next release". It isn't a
> significant amount of code, but its a lot of work to test. Since it hasn't
I am willing to test since I am already on a portal development project.
So if there is something already done or that might work, I could like
to try it especially that Tapestry would be excellent choice for some of
the portlets.

Re: Portlet support in Tapestry 5?

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
This seems to perpetually be something "in the next release". It isn't a
significant amount of code, but its a lot of work to test. Since it hasn't
been a priority for any of my clients, I haven't been able to justify
working on it.

The interesting thing is that significant amounts of Tapestry are organized
to cleanly support portlets, borrowing from the design of Tapestry 4.0.  For
example, the prime reason Tapestry has its own internal Request object is to
abstract away from direct dependencies on the Servlet API (there will be an
implementation of Request for API).

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship

Creator of Apache Tapestry

The source for Tapestry training, mentoring and support. Contact me to learn
how I can get you up and productive in Tapestry fast!

(971) 678-5210
http://howardlewisship.com

Re: Portlet support in Tapestry 5?

Posted by françois facon <fr...@gmail.com>.