Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Dilip Agarwal <di...@gmail.com> on 2014/12/19 09:54:11 UTC

How to pass information to hive udf except as arguments

Hi, I have created a udf which accepts geo location points as arguments and
return the name of location fetching from a url. I have to set this URL
dynamically at the time of hive script run.

I don't like to pass this url as separate argument tot the udf evaluate
method. Is there a way to set this url in hive script and get from hive
udf, or set this in user environment and then fetch. Please tell me the
full procedure to do this.

Thanks & Regards
Dilip Agarwal
+91 8287857554

Re: How to pass information to hive udf except as arguments

Posted by Dilip Agarwal <di...@gmail.com>.
As per this url, How can I fetch these variables in hive udf.

Posted by Daniel Haviv <da...@veracity-group.com>.
First result in google: