Posted to community@apache.org by "Roy T. Fielding" <fi...@gbiv.com> on 2005/02/27 22:55:49 UTC

Happy Birthday, we are 10

10 years ago today, the Apache Group decloaked with the creation
of the new-httpd archive and initial accounts on hyperreal.org.
I had the lucky timing of having the first message archived on
the list, though we had actually been talking about what to do
for at least a week before that (sadly, without any archives).

Thanks to everyone for making Apache possible and for continuing
these efforts today.  I wish I had time to wax historical for a
bit and talk about all the great things that happened along the
way, but I have to rush out for another flight (to Boston).
In any case, I am extremely proud of what we have accomplished
and very grateful to have met so many friends along the way.

Cheers,

Roy T. Fielding                            <http://roy.gbiv.com/>
Chief Scientist, Day Software              <http://www.day.com/>

Re: Happy Birthday, we are 10

Posted by Yoav Shapira <yo...@apache.org>.
Hi,
Happy Birthday everyone ;)

--- "Roy T. Fielding" <fi...@gbiv.com> wrote:

> way, but I have to rush out for another flight (to Boston).

http://weather.boston.com/extended.html ;)  We look forward to having you
trapped here under snow with us locals for several days...

Yoav