Posted to dev@ctakes.apache.org by Deepal Dhariwal <de...@gmail.com> on 2012/11/14 21:07:14 UTC

Fwd: Regarding Assertion Tagger

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Deepal Dhariwal <de...@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, Nov 14, 2012 at 8:37 AM
Subject: Regarding Assertion Tagger
To: ctakes-users@incubator.apache.org

Hello
I want to assert presence of medical terms using cTAKESdesc \ assertiondesc
\ AssertionAnalysisEngine. However when I load and execute this analysis
engine using cTakes CVD I am getting the following exception.
org.apache.uima.analysis_engine.AnalysisEngineProcessException: Anootator
processing failed. More detailed information is in the log file.

Kindly let me know the cause of exception and the location where log files
are generated.

Thanks
Deepal Dhariwal

RE: Regarding Assertion Tagger

Posted by "Masanz, James J." <Ma...@mayo.edu>.
Hi Deepal,

If by question #3, you are looking for a way to get a mapping from a cTAKES annotation to the semantic type for the concept, this is already done within cTAKES (for the following 4 groupings: Diseases/disorders, Signs/symptoms, Procedures, Anatomical sites)
FYI, These groupings are based on the lists of TUIs within the LookupDesc*.xml files within cTAKES.
The concept (aka clinical named entity) annotations created by cTAKES are linked to UmlsConcept annotations, which contain an attribute called tui.
>From the TUI (such as T047) you can map to the textual name of the semantic type such as "Disease or Syndrome"

See the annotations of type UmlsConcept that are produced by cTAKES, which include the CUI and the TUI, and you can map to the list of semantic type names from this table:
http://semanticnetwork.nlm.nih.gov/Download/RelationalFiles/SRDEF

For example, if cTAKES annotates "AIDS",  there will be a UmlsConcept annotation with cui="C0011884" tui="T047", where T047 is the TUI for "Disease or Syndrome"

Regards,
James Masanz

#3.  I will have to defer this question to the rest of the team.

Posted by "Murphy, Sean P." <Mu...@mayo.edu>.
I'm able to reproduce the problem on 3.0 in either the prebuild zip bin or the Maven built environment.  The underlying issue appears to be related to the paths not being correctly handled.   I will investigate further.

Caused by: org.apache.uima.util.InvalidXMLException: Import failed.  Could not read from URL file:/C:/tools/cTAKESv3.0_bin/desc/ctakes-drug-ner/desc/type_system/NERTypeSystem.xml. (Descriptor: file:/C:/tools/cTAKESv3.0_bin/desc/ctakes-drug-ner/desc/analysis_engine/DrugCNP2LookupWindow.xml)
                at org.apache.uima.resource.metadata.impl.TypeSystemDescription_impl.resolveImports(TypeSystemDescription_impl.java:231)
                at org.apache.uima.resource.metadata.impl.TypeSystemDescription_impl.resolveImports(TypeSystemDescription_impl.java:207)
                at org.apache.uima.analysis_engine.metadata.impl.AnalysisEngineMetaData_impl.resolveImports(AnalysisEngineMetaData_impl.java:87)
                at org.apache.uima.analysis_engine.impl.AnalysisEngineDescription_impl.resolveImports(AnalysisEngineDescription_impl.java:741)
                at org.apache.uima.analysis_engine.impl.AnalysisEngineDescription_impl.resolveDelegateAnalysisEngineImports(AnalysisEngineDescription_impl.java:827)
                at org.apache.uima.analysis_engine.impl.AnalysisEngineDescription_impl.resolveImports(AnalysisEngineDescription_impl.java:733)
                at org.apache.uima.analysis_engine.impl.AnalysisEngineDescription_impl.resolveDelegateAnalysisEngineImports(AnalysisEngineDescription_impl.java:827)
                at org.apache.uima.analysis_engine.impl.AnalysisEngineDescription_impl.resolveDelegateAnalysisEngineImports(AnalysisEngineDescription_impl.java:765)
                at org.apache.uima.analysis_engine.impl.AnalysisEngineDescription_impl.getDelegateAnalysisEngineSpecifiers(AnalysisEngineDescription_impl.java:193)
                at org.apache.uima.analysis_engine.impl.AggregateAnalysisEngine_impl.initialize(AggregateAnalysisEngine_impl.java:147)
                ... 45 more
Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\tools\cTAKESv3.0_bin\desc\ctakes-drug-ner\desc\type_system\NERTypeSystem.xml (The system cannot find the path specified)
                at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
                at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
                at sun.net.www.protocol.file.FileURLConnection.connect(Unknown Source)
                at sun.net.www.protocol.file.FileURLConnection.getInputStream(Unknown Source)
                at org.apache.uima.util.XMLInputSource.<init>(XMLInputSource.java:120)
                at org.apache.uima.resource.metadata.impl.TypeSystemDescription_impl.resolveImport(TypeSystemDescription_impl.java:263)
                at org.apache.uima.resource.metadata.impl.TypeSystemDescription_impl.resolveImports(TypeSystemDescription_impl.java:229)
                ... 54 more
                Thanks,
                                ~Sean

#3.  I will have to defer this question to the rest of the team.

#3.  I will have to defer this question to the rest of the team.

Posted by "Murphy, Sean P." <Mu...@mayo.edu>.
Deepal,

#3.  I will have to defer this question to the rest of the team.

Posted by "Murphy, Sean P." <Mu...@mayo.edu>.
Deepal,

#3.  I will have to defer this question to the rest of the team.

Posted by Deepal Dhariwal <de...@gmail.com>.
Hello all,

Posted by Deepal Dhariwal <de...@gmail.com>.
Hello all,

Posted by "Chen, Pei" <Pe...@childrens.harvard.edu>.
Thanks Sean,

Posted by "Chen, Pei" <Pe...@childrens.harvard.edu>.
Thanks Sean,
If the issue was just a descriptor path issue, then it was probably already fixed in 3.0 as part of the ASF move.
We can just verify and test it?

--Pei

>>> t
>>> io

Posted by "Chen, Pei" <Pe...@childrens.harvard.edu>.

Posted by "Chen, Pei" <Pe...@childrens.harvard.edu>.

Posted by "Murphy, Sean P." <Mu...@mayo.edu>.
Hello Pei,

Posted by "Murphy, Sean P." <Mu...@mayo.edu>.
Hello Pei,

Posted by "Chen, Pei" <Pe...@childrens.harvard.edu>.
Hi Sean,

Posted by "Chen, Pei" <Pe...@childrens.harvard.edu>.
Hi Sean,

Posted by Deepal Dhariwal <de...@gmail.com>.
Hello Matt,

Posted by Deepal Dhariwal <de...@gmail.com>.
Hello Matt,

Posted by Deepal Dhariwal <de...@gmail.com>.
Hello Matt,

Thanks for your reply. So currently my concept annotation produces
properties are begin, end, concept type, concept Text, externalId,
originalexternalID. However the annotation does not include polarity /
conditional / uncertain. So shall I use Collection Processing Engine with
AggregatePlainTextProcessor followed by AssertionMiniPipeLineAnalysis ?
Further I am also trying Peripheral Artery Disease Spotter. However even
that annotator returns only Document Annotation.

Thanks
Deepal Dhariwal

Re: FW: Regarding Assertion Tagger

Posted by Deepal Dhariwal <de...@gmail.com>.
Hello Chen,

Posted by "Coarr, Matt" <mc...@mitre.org>.
The assertion module cannot be run on its own, it depends on other
annotations.

It's typically requires running in the clinical document pipeline that Pei
mentioned.

If you really want to run it by itself, you'll have to provide sentence,
token (and it's subclasses), and entities (and their associated ontology
concepts).

Even in this case, you should still run
AssertionMiniPipelineAnalysisEngine.xml (instead of
assertionAnalysisEngine.xml).  This calls conceptConverterAnysisEngine.xml
before assertionAnalysisEngine.xml.

Matt

Posted by "Chen, Pei" <Pe...@childrens.harvard.edu>.
Hi Deepal,