Posted to dev@jmeter.apache.org by Milamber <mi...@apache.org> on 2021/12/17 10:01:15 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache JMeter 5.4.2 released

The Apache JMeter team is pleased to announce the availability of Apache
JMeter 5.4.2 (f393453287).

This release is only a security fix release about the CVE-2021-44228:
Apache Log4j2 JNDI features do not protect against attacker controlled
LDAP and other JNDI related endpoints.

JMeter 5.4.2 requires Java 8+ to run.

== All users are highly recommended to upgrade  ==

The Apache JMeter application is a 100% pure Java application designed
to test server applications.
It can be used to:
    * generate test loads
    * measure performance.
    * test functional behavior
It includes support for protocols such as HTTP(S), JDBC, JMS, FTP, LDAP,
TCP, native calls and others.
It can also be easily extended with user-written code.

See https://jmeter.apache.org/

Users are highly encouraged to read the JMeter Best Practices section:
https://jmeter.apache.org/usermanual/best-practices.html

The release can be downloaded from:
https://jmeter.apache.org/download_jmeter.cgi

When downloading, please verify signatures using the KEYS file:
https://www.apache.org/dist/jmeter/KEYS

Only the binary archive is needed to run JMeter - there is no need to
download the source archive.

However there are some optional libraries which are not included.
See the "Getting Started" page for details:
https://jmeter.apache.org/usermanual/get-started.html

JMeter artifacts can be downloaded on Maven Central :
       <groupId>org.apache.jmeter</groupId>
       <artifactId>ApacheJMeter</artifactId>
       <version>5.4.2</version>

Enjoy!
The JMeter team

---
https://twitter.com/ApacheJMeter

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache JMeter 5.4.2 released

Posted by Mark Collin <ma...@lazeryattack.com>.
Cool, in that case I’ll look again this evening.

Posted by Mark Collin <ma...@lazeryattack.com>.
I can’t see the update in maven central at the moment:

https://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/jmeter/ApacheJMeter_core/ <https://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/jmeter/ApacheJMeter_core/>

Are we just waiting for the artefact sync process to complete, or has something gone wrong with the maven release?

Posted by Shay Ginsbourg <sg...@gmail.com>.
Thank you for your good work!

On Fri, Dec 17, 2021 at 12:01 PM Milamber <mi...@apache.org> wrote:

> The Apache JMeter team is pleased to announce the availability of Apache
> JMeter 5.4.2 (f393453287).
>
> This release is only a security fix release about the CVE-2021-44228:
> Apache Log4j2 JNDI features do not protect against attacker controlled
> LDAP and other JNDI related endpoints.
>
> JMeter 5.4.2 requires Java 8+ to run.
>
> == All users are highly recommended to upgrade  ==
>
> The Apache JMeter application is a 100% pure Java application designed
> to test server applications.
> It can be used to:
>     * generate test loads
>     * measure performance.
>     * test functional behavior
> It includes support for protocols such as HTTP(S), JDBC, JMS, FTP, LDAP,
> TCP, native calls and others.
> It can also be easily extended with user-written code.
>
> See https://jmeter.apache.org/
>
> Users are highly encouraged to read the JMeter Best Practices section:
> https://jmeter.apache.org/usermanual/best-practices.html
>
> The release can be downloaded from:
> https://jmeter.apache.org/download_jmeter.cgi
>
> When downloading, please verify signatures using the KEYS file:
> https://www.apache.org/dist/jmeter/KEYS
>

> Only the binary archive is needed to run JMeter - there is no need to
> download the source archive.
>
> However there are some optional libraries which are not included.
> See the "Getting Started" page for details:
> https://jmeter.apache.org/usermanual/get-started.html
>
> JMeter artifacts can be downloaded on Maven Central :
>        <groupId>org.apache.jmeter</groupId>
>        <artifactId>ApacheJMeter</artifactId>
>        <version>5.4.2</version>
>

> Enjoy!
> The JMeter team
>
> ---
> https://twitter.com/ApacheJMeter

Sincerely,

*Shay Ginsbourg*

*Performance, Automation, and Load Testing Expert. *

*Regulatory Affairs Consultant for Medical Software.*

*(Since 2008)*

*Ginsbourg.co.il*
<http://Ginsbourg.co.il>

Formerly QA Manager of LoadRunner at Mercury Interactive

M.Sc. cum laude in Bio-Medical Engineering

M.Sc. in Mechanical Engineering

Mobile:  +972(0)54-6690915
Email: sginsbourg@gmail.com

Visit my personal page on LinkedIn at: