Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by student csu <st...@gmail.com> on 2008/08/01 19:07:29 UTC

Re: hi

Hi,
I wanted to know how to increase the log level of cocoon .I am using
jbuilder 2008 .Please tell me the step to go for increasing the log level of
cocoon.

Thanks ,
su

Re: DAOSecurityHandler

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.
On 06.08.2008 02:30, Robin Rigby wrote:

> I am looking for the Java equivalent of the JavaScript
>
> var parser =
> cocoon.getComponent(Packages.org.apache.excalibur.xml.dom.DOMParser.ROLE);
>
> and the same for SourceResolver.
>
> Sitemap components seem to get them from an Avalon ServiceManager and I
> found a thread
> suggesting to copy from ContainerTestCase.  Is there not a simpler way?

Hi Robin,

you need indeed a ServiceManager to retrieve the components as follows:

DOMParser domParser;
try {
   domParser = serviceManager.lookup(DOMParser.Role);
   // do something with the DOMParser
} catch (ServiceException e) {
} finally {
   serviceManager.release(domParser);
}

It depends on your use case if you can release the DOMParser instance
immediately in the finally block or want to keep it and release it for
example in a recycle method.

And: The Java code needs access to a Service Manager what means more or
less that it has to be a Avalon component itself.

Joerg

DAOSecurityHandler

[C2.2] Passing sitemap parameters to blocks - a mess?

Posted by Hugh Sparks <hu...@csparks.com>.
I have a transform implemented in a block that I call using servletService:

    <map:generate src="myStuff"/>
    <map:transform type="servletService">
        <map:parameter name="service" value="servlet:myBlock:/myTransform?p1=xxx&amp;p2=yyy"/>
    </map:transform>

In the actual sitemap, when the list of request parameters is
long or if the values are verbose, the pipeline code is a total mess.
Because the line is so long, the document is impossible to read,
print, or display on a webpage. Packing the request line this
way is not very consistent with how other parameters are passed.
It can't even be fixed up with line continuations because its a literal string.

It would be nice, I think, if the transform could be called like this:

    <map:generate src="myStuff"/>
    <map:transform type="servletService">
        <map:parameter name="service" value="servlet:myBlock:/myTransform"/>
        <map:parameter name="P1" value="value one"/>
        <map:parameter name="P2" value="value two"/>
        <map:parameter name="PN" value="value N"/>
    </map:transform>

The servletService transform would strip off the first parameter
to locate the service and then forward the rest to the transform.
The source code in the pipeline would look a lot better.

Is there already some better way to clean this up?

Thanks,

-Hugh Sparks

Re: hi

Posted by student csu <st...@gmail.com>.
Sure ! no problem!
thanks

Re: hi

Re: hi

Posted by student csu <st...@gmail.com>.
thanks !
su

Re: hi

Posted by Bhavya Sharma <bh...@gmail.com>.
have a look at following link

http://cocoon.apache.org/2.2/core-modules/core/2.2/1399_1_1.html

bhavya

On Fri, Aug 1, 2008 at 10:37 PM, student csu <st...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I wanted to know how to increase the log level of cocoon .I am using
> jbuilder 2008 .Please tell me the step to go for increasing the log level of
> cocoon.
>
> Thanks ,
> su
>
> On Thu, Jul 24, 2008 at 9:35 AM, Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>wrote:
>
>> On 24.07.2008 00:30, student csu wrote:
>>
>> * Question: how to debug xslt in cocoon framework .I am using Jbuider
>>> .just
>>> let me know how to set up the breakpoints for xslt in jbuilder
>>>

>> There is hardly anything available allowing you to debug XSLT. You
>> probably need one of the commercial XML editors.
>>
>> cocoon framework .I am using Jbuider .just let me know how to set up the
>>> breakpoints for xslt in jbuilder as there is some important xml file that
>>> combines with my xslt and display but I am not aware of among so many
>>> important which xml it is combining .so I will be thankful to you just
>>> let
>>> me know how to debug xsl using in jbuilder2008 .
>>>

>> If you just want to know which files are combined in a pipeline by
>> aggregation or whatever (I don't quite get what really happens in your case)
>> just raising the log level of Cocoon might help. If you want to see the
>> actual content you might find the LogTransformer useful. It might be also
>> helpful to show us your pipeline and explain what you are after.
>>
>> Joerg

Thanks

Bhavya Sharma