Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Miguel González Castaños <mg...@tid.es> on 2003/05/07 14:03:32 UTC

Redirection in DSL line and mod_jk

Dear all,

 I have sent this email to the tomcat-user mailing list with no answer.

 I have an Apache web server on the 80 port and tomcat as servlet server
on the 8080 port connected with Apache using mod_jk.

 The Apache web server is behind a DSL line using NAPT. Because We have
another web server We had two redirections: one on port 80 to the server
with Apache and Tomcat and the other on port 8080 to a Tomcat
stand-alone server. Everything worked fine.

 Then, We decided to change the redirections the other way round and the
port 80 would be pointing to the Tomcat stand-alone server and the 8080
to the Apache-Tomcat server.

 We had problems because the jsp code could not retrieve the outside
port from we were getting the web pages. The jsp functions were getting
the 80 port instead of the 8080 port.

 It was dued to the decission of using absolute web links instead of
relative links in the
html code. We changed that, and now the jsp code is working.

 But what is not working is the mounting directives of Apache.

 We have in the httpsd.conf the jkMount directives to mount a directory
called "office".

 Inside that directory we have several subdirectories, one of them is
called "jsps". We have
as default login file, the jsp/login.jsp file. That way just writting
down something like "
http://myserver/office/" automatically I get
"http://myserver/office/jsp/login.jsp".

 But after the change of the redirection this doesnt work anymore. I
only can get the
login.jsp file when i type "http://myserver:8080/office/jsp/login.jsp".

 For doing this I use automount directive in the Apache configuration
file:

  JkAutoAlias /usr/local/tomcat/webapps
  JkMount /*.jsp ajp13
  JkMount /*.do ajp13
  JkMount /*/jsps/ ajp13
  JkMount /office ajp13
  JkMount /office/* ajp13

 I guess this has something to do with the 8080 port, but I dont know
how to sort it out.

 If any have an idea, I could send you over the precise directives I am
using in the Apache
conf file, because now I am at home I cant ssh my boxes at work.

 Many thanks in advance and sorry for my English

 Miguel