Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by sergio <se...@bosoconsulting.it> on 2012/03/09 00:18:48 UTC

JMeter 2.6: BSFException: unable to load language: jscript

Hi

I have found a strange issue with Javascript
I need to to do some string manipulation for a test, and I choosed to do in Javascript.
Then I have found that there is no way to make Javascript working in my installation.

I went down to a simple plan with only a BSF sampler and a debug sampler.
In the BSF sampler, I select "Jscript"
The scripts reduced down to a mere ";"

BTW, any other language fails with the same error except Beanshell.
The result I got are like following:
====================
Thread Name: Thread Group 1-1
Sample Start: 2012-03-08 23:29:21 CET
Load time: 1
Latency: 0
Size in bytes: 0
Headers size in bytes: 0
Body size in bytes: 0
Sample Count: 1
Error Count: 1
Response code: 500
Response message: org.apache.bsf.BSFException: unable to load language: jscript

Response headers:
SampleResult fields:
ContentType:
DataEncoding: null
====================
In the log file, I got the following:
2012/03/08 23:50:11 INFO  - jmeter.threads.JMeterThread: Thread started: Thread Group 1-1
2012/03/08 23:50:11 ERROR - org.apache.bsf.BSFManager: Exception : java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
org.apache.bsf.engines.activescript.ActiveScriptEngine
     at org.apache.bsf.BSFManager.loadScriptingEngine(BSFManager.java:693)
     at org.apache.jmeter.protocol.java.sampler.BSFSampler.sample(BSFSampler.java:92)
     at org.apache.jmeter.threads.JMeterThread.process_sampler(JMeterThread.java:416)
     at org.apache.jmeter.threads.JMeterThread.run(JMeterThread.java:271)
     at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

2012/03/08 23:50:11 WARN  - jmeter.protocol.java.sampler.BSFSampler: BSF error org.apache.bsf.BSFException: unable to load language:
jscript
     at org.apache.bsf.BSFManager.loadScriptingEngine(BSFManager.java:718)
     at org.apache.jmeter.protocol.java.sampler.BSFSampler.sample(BSFSampler.java:92)
     at org.apache.jmeter.threads.JMeterThread.process_sampler(JMeterThread.java:416)
     at org.apache.jmeter.threads.JMeterThread.run(JMeterThread.java:271)
     at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

2012/03/08 23:50:11 INFO  - jmeter.threads.JMeterThread: Thread finished: Thread Group 1-1
===============
Installation data

Jmeter 2.6 r1237317
Java version "1.6.0_29", Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_29-b11)
Windows 7

It is a plain Jmeter 2.6 installation. I copied the extracted file, I only added "JMeterPlugins.jar"

===============
The documentation says that Javascript is working by default.
My idea is that some thing is missing in the Jars.

Between the others,  I checked in .\lib:
   bsf-2.4.0.jar. bsf-api-3.1.jar, bsh-2.0b5.jar, js-1.7R2.jar

As I final note, I did the same test with 2.5 and had no problem.
Do I miss some step in the installation? Is there anything I can check?
Any suggestion welcome

Thank you and best regards

Sergio

--

Ing. Sergio Boso

Mail:
Web:
PEC:
Cell:
Linkedin:
Skype:

In caso di erronea ricezione da parte di persona diversa, siete pregati di eliminare il messaggio e i suoi allegati in modo
definitivo dai vostri archivi e di volercelo comunicare immediatamente restituendoci il messaggio via e-mail al seguente
indirizzosergio@bosoconsulting.it <ma...@yahoo.it>
L'interessato può, inoltre, esercitare tutti i diritti di accesso sui propri dati previsti dal decreto 196/2003, tra i quali i
diritti di rettifica, aggiornamento e cancellazione, inviando un messaggio all'indirizzo:sergio@bosoconsulting.it
<ma...@yahoo.it>

Re: JMeter 2.6: BSFException: unable to load language: jscript: SOLVED

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 9 March 2012 10:24, sergio <se...@bosoconsulting.it> wrote:
> Hi Steve,
>
> I see your point: I want to use Javascript.
> The point is that Jscript does not stand for Javascript (never heard of this
> language before!!)
> which is buried down the list.

In JMeter 2.5.1 on WinXP javascript occurs before jscript, but it is
the other way round in 2.6.

The list should probably be sorted to make finding entries easier ...

Posted by sergio <se...@bosoconsulting.it>.
Hi Steve,

I see your point: I want to use Javascript.
The point is that Jscript does not stand for Javascript (never heard of this language before!!)
which is buried down the list.

Regards

thank you!

Il 09/03/2012 10:55, ZK ha scritto:
> Not all the languages in the drop-down list are supported by default. The
> following are supported: jexl, javascript, xslt. Others may be available if
> the appropriate jar is installed in the JMeter lib directory.
>

> ZK

Ing. Sergio Boso

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 9 March 2012 09:55, ZK <st...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Not all the languages in the drop-down list are supported by default. The
> following are supported: jexl, javascript, xslt. Others may be available if
> the appropriate jar is installed in the JMeter lib directory.

Note that "jscript" is not the same as "javascript".