Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by Johannes Elsinghorst <Jo...@gmx.net> on 2008/08/05 09:55:23 UTC

Itinerary based workflows

Hi,
as far as I understand it, there are 3 options to implement workflows in an ESB.
1. an Orchestration engine such as ODE
2. manual configuration of routing rules with e.g. Camel
3. itineray based workflows, where the orchestration information is sort of attached to the messages and the BCs/SEs examine it themselves.

I'm particularily interested in the third approach but couldn't find any information on how this can be done in servicemix or JBI in general. So, any hints are welcome :-)

cheers, Johannes
Jetzt dabei sein: http://www.shortview.de/wasistshortview.php?mc=sv_ext_mf@gmx

Re: Itinerary based workflows

Posted by Lars Heinemann <la...@compart.net>.
Johannes,

have a look at servicemix-osworkflow. Maybe this would be a interesting option
for you.

Regards
Lars

Posted by Gert Vanthienen <ge...@skynet.be>.
Johannes,

You could also use Camel's dynamic routing list
(http://activemq.apache.org/camel/recipient-list.html) to route the
message through a set of endpoints, where the list can be retrieved from
either the message header or from the payload itself.

Regards,

Gert