Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Barbara Post <ba...@ifrance.com> on 2002/06/14 20:12:27 UTC

ApplicationConfig problem

I want to use a .properties files in my ActionForm to retrieve localized
messages when populating ActionError().

I get a NullPointerException here :

ActionServlet myAS = this.getServlet();
        try{
        ApplicationConfig applicationConf = new ApplicationConfig("",myAS);
        String msgResourcesParameter =
applicationConf.findMessageResourcesConfig("baepp.ApplicationResources").get
Parameter();
      //  MessageResourcesFactory mf;
   //     mf = MessageResourcesFactory.createFactory();
    //    msgResources = mf.createResources(msgResourcesParameter);
     //
System.out.println(msgResources.getMessage("user.company.missing"));

Struts-config.xml :

  <message-resources
    parameter="baepp.ApplicationResources"/>

indeed I have WEB-INF/Classes/baepp/ApplicationResources.properties

Using Struts 1.1b1 (release) and JDK 1.4.0. Tomcat 4.0.3 and 4.1.3 beta.