Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Tom Amiro <To...@Sun.COM> on 2002/06/06 15:22:25 UTC

Re: Fw: XSLTC and Cocoon

Hi Gianugo,

That's strange. I just unjar'd the cocoon.war file from my webapps
directory and looked at the cocoon.xconf file. It had

  <xslt-processor class="org.apache.cocoon.components.xslt.XSLTProcessorImpl" logger="core.xslt-processor">
     <parameter name="transformer-factory" value="org.apache.xalan.xsltc.trax.TransformerFactoryImpl"/>
     <parameter name="use-store" value="true"/>
     <parameter name="incremental-processing" value="false"/>
  </xslt-processor>

So the transformer-factory param does have the closing /. Don't know how the snippet
cut and pasted in my email was wrong.

Anyway, please send the war file that you got the trace with and tell me the steps
you did before getting the XSLTC error.

Thanks,

Tom

--
 Tom Amiro -- SQA Engineer
 Sun XML Technology Development

Re: Fw: XSLTC and Cocoon

Posted by Gianugo Rabellino <gi...@apache.org>.
Tom Amiro wrote:

> I got the war you gave me to run and hit the same old error on book2menu.xsl
> that I found before which was due to the stylesheet not using the correct
> syntax to call external java funtions. Here is a copy of the stylesheet
> with the required changes, i.e.

>                 xmlns:NetUtils="http://xml.apache.org/xslt/java/org.apache.cocoon.util.NetUtils"
>                                 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
>      <xsl:variable name="encLabel" select="NetUtils:encodePath(string(@label))"/>
>                                                                ^^^^^^^
>
> These changes should also work with Xalan.
>
> I hope you can submit this fix for the stylesheet, so the version in the wars
> you generate won't have the problem.
>
> After substituting the corrected stylesheet and rebuilding the war, I was able to
> get further and hit a null prt error in XSLTC. We'll investigate that further.

Thanks Tom. I fixed it in CVS. Let me know if I can be of any further help.

Ciao,

--
Gianugo Rabellino

Re: Fw: XSLTC and Cocoon

Posted by Tom Amiro <To...@Sun.COM>.
Gianugo Rabellino wrote:

> I'll send you in a minute a temporary download location: I'm uploading
> via my poor ADSL a 15+MB file to a server, it will take some time. :-)
>
> What I did was just re-warring up for you my current Catalina cocoon
> directory, so that you should *not* encounter any problem (well,
> hopefully ;-)). It's already set up for XSLTC using the jar you sent me.
>
> In WEB-INF/logs you can also find my attempts to have it working, to no
> avail. The Cocoon front page loads (well, no wonder, being it static
> XHTML) but XSL trasformations don't.
>
> If you want, we can meet online (irc is my favourite) so that we can try
> interactively to make it work.
>
> I'll send you the location in a minute (13MB still to go... :-))
>
> Ciao,
>
> --
> Gianugo Rabellino

Hi Gianugo,

Re: Fw: XSLTC and Cocoon

Posted by Ivelin Ivanov <iv...@apache.org>.
Gianugo and Tom,

Thank you for keeping this effort rolling.

Please continue copying your messages to the cocoon-dev list in case someone
else wants to help.

Ivelin

Re: Fw: XSLTC and Cocoon

Posted by Gianugo Rabellino <gi...@apache.org>.