Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by madhu phatak <ph...@gmail.com> on 2011/12/17 12:06:03 UTC

Dynamically adding nodes in Hadoop

Hi,
 I am trying to add nodes dynamically to a running hadoop cluster.I started
tasktracker and datanode in the node. It works fine. But when some node
try fetch values ( for reduce phase) it fails with unknown host exception.
When i add a node to running cluster do i have to add its hostname to all
nodes (slaves +master) /etc/hosts file? Or some other way is there?

--
Join me at http://hadoopworkshop.eventbrite.com/

Re: Dynamically adding nodes in Hadoop

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Madhu,

On Sat, Dec 17, 2011 at 4:36 PM, madhu phatak <ph...@gmail.com> wrote:
> When i add a node to running cluster do i have to add its hostname to all
> nodes (slaves +master) /etc/hosts file?

Yes.

> Or some other way is there?

You can run a DNS, and have the resolution centrally managed.

--
Harsh J

Re: Dynamically adding nodes in Hadoop

Posted by madhu phatak <ph...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for all the input. I am trying to do cluster setup in EC2 but not
able to find how i can do dns updation centrally. If anyone one knows how
to do this please help me ..

Posted by Michel Segel <mi...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by alo alt <wg...@googlemail.com>.
Hi,