Posted to apreq-dev@httpd.apache.org by Joe Schaefer <jo...@sunstarsys.com> on 2003/01/23 20:32:25 UTC

Re: libapreq 1.1

Joe Schaefer <jo...@sunstarsys.com> writes
on October 26, 2002:

> I'd like to put together a 1.1 release in November that:
>
>     a) includes full OS X support for both the perl & C API's
>     b) includes Doug's Request.xs upload patches for perl 5.8.0
>     c) documents the problems with using '\0' bytes in
>        cookies and request params.
>
> I volunteer to package up release candidates again and
> work with the OS X user community and see that (a) & (b)
> are OK.  Would anyone like to volunteer a doc patch for (c)?

Something's got to change here.  It should not take this long
to put out a maintenance release.  Version 1.0 of Apache::Request
segfaults with the current version of perl (5.8.0), and
libapreq-1.0 does not support OS X at all.  Thanks to the *user*
*community*, we have a 1.1 that fixes both problems.

Please reward them by releasing 1.1, soon.

Thanks.

--
Joe Schaefer