Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by "Sullivan, Joshua [USA]" <su...@bah.com> on 2009/04/14 21:38:32 UTC

Hadoop User Group - DC meeting tomorrow

REMINDER

The DC area Hadoop User Group is meeting tomorrow.  Full details at:
http://www.meetup.com/Hadoop-DC/calendar/10073493/

Christophe Bisciglia and Dr. Jimmy Lin will be speaking.

Cloudera's Founder, Christophe Bisciglia, will give a talk about
simplifying Hadoop configuration, deployment and management using
Cloudera's Distribution for Hadoop. He'll talk about why Cloudera
packaged a Hadoop distribution, and what specific challenges they are
trying to address.

>From Christophe: One of the most consistent issues we hear from the
community is that Hadoop is a pain to deploy and manage. We released our
distribution to take steps towards making Hadoop play nicely with
standard systems already used to deploy and manage software. In our
initial release, this means RPM packaging and standard linux service
management, but we don't plan to stop here. We'll provide a walkthrough
of deploying Hadoop using our distribution, but more importantly, listen
to the community about what you like, what you don't, and what you'd
like to see going forward.

Dr. Jimmy Lin publishes articles and code libraries using Hadoop, along
with extensive research into large-data distributed applications with
MapReduce. Dr. Lin will be discussing his work with Hadoop and
data-analysis.

Pizza, sandwiches, and drinks will be provided by Booz Allen Hamilton
<http://www.boozallen.com/> .

This will be a really fun event so hope to see you there!