Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Adam Hardy <ad...@cyberspaceroad.com> on 2006/07/12 12:37:59 UTC

[m2] maven-it-plugin

Integration testing is getting too big and lengthy for our app and I
want to move it so that we don't have to run them during normal builds.

i.e. we can configure continuous integration to run them seperately.

I can see maven-it-plugin in the sandbox and I can see a couple of
emails in the archive and also this JIRA issue:

http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-1922

which makes me wonder, what is it for?

I tried setting it up but couldn't figure out the configuration. Is
anybody using?

Adam

Re: [m2] maven-it-plugin

Posted by Adam Hardy <ad...@cyberspaceroad.com>.
I don't think we have a demanding use-case really.

I was looking at the alternatives for removing lengthy integration tests
from the standard compile/test/package/install for our services component.

The first option is to put a filter on the tests in a profile for
developers, and have no filter in the profile for the continuous
integration.

The second option is to put the integration tests into a seperate project.

This maven-it-plugin seems to offer a lot of flexibility but it's not
something we need at this stage, although I can foresee our requirements
getting much more complicated - we've only just started really.

Regards
Adam

Re: [m2] maven-it-plugin

Posted by Kenney Westerhof <ke...@apache.org>.