Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Matt Benson <gu...@yahoo.com> on 2005/05/24 17:42:56 UTC

ResourceCollections WAS Re: AW: cvs commit: ant/src/testcases/org/apache/tools/ant/types/opti onal/depend ClassFileSetTest.java

--- Jan.Materne@rzf.fin-nrw.de wrote:

src/resources/org/apache/tools/ant/types/resources/selectors

> Do you mean, we have to rewrite our file-selectors?

Any fileselector continues to work with fileset/dirset
as well as <files>.  Most fileselectors should still
be relevant as resourceselectors, and in those cases
it might be nice to delegate file selection to the
corresponding resourceselector, just to decrease the
number of places where an implementation of a check
exists.  I didn't attempt to create a resource version
of <modified> because a) I don't understand it :) and
b) I wasn't sure how to handle the properties file
approach that exists w/ the file version.  It is
probably translatable, but I hoped maybe you could do
it :) or help me to.

-Matt