Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Mike Collins <m_...@email.msn.com> on 2000/12/08 22:57:21 UTC

Possible problem with the COM wrapper

I sent this before. It may have been lost in the shuffle. Anyway, here it
is, if anyone would care to shed some light on this.

I'm trying to use the COM wrapper with a Visual Basic 5.0 test project. The
project includes a single VB form and a reference to the Xerces COM object.
The code works fine until it reaches the VB For Each...Next construct. The
XML file being read is very simple (see attachment). Here's the code:

Private Sub Form_Load()

    On Error GoTo ErrorTrap

    Dim objDOMDocument As Xerces.DOMDocument
    Dim objRoot As Xerces.IXMLDOMElement
    Dim objNode As Xerces.IXMLDOMNode

    Set objDOMDocument = New Xerces.DOMDocument

    With objDOMDocument
        .async = False
        .Load "ao10588.xml"

        If .parseError.reason <> "" Then