Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Sumit Raja <su...@gmail.com> on 2010/04/01 15:49:56 UTC

DynamicWizards and Forms

Hello,
I am trying to get a dynamic wizard to work with a series of forms. I
have the following flow:
(1) Select document type -> (2) if document type has embedded audio
provide an upload form otherwise skip -> (3) Document editing form.

In next() of step 1 I am creating a new Panel with a form of either
upload or of document editing based on doc type. The odd thing is that
the submit on the form for step 2/3 seems to get called when next is
clicked on (1) but before the step (2 or 3) is displayed.

Looking through the code the if appears that the next() method gets
called before the actual form processing is performed meaning that the
form on the next step gets processed as well as the last step. In
delegateSubmit(), formToProcess.visitChildren seems to be the actual
place that the next step from gets submitted, before the previous step
processing is complete.

What is the correct way to structure a Dynamic wizard when each step
has nested forms to prevent the visitor submitting the form on the
next step as well?

Thanks

Sumit

Re: DynamicWizards and Forms

Posted by Jeremy Thomerson <je...@wickettraining.com>.
If you can recreate it in a quickstart, you can send it to the list and we
can get a better idea of what you mean.

--
Jeremy Thomerson
http://www.wickettraining.com