Posted to general@gump.apache.org by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org> on 2004/10/13 05:07:23 UTC

Betwixt Test Failures

Hello there,

the gump project is trying to reach for the 100% build of the ASF java
tree. On the way up (we are now at 76% and growing steadily!) we found
that betwixt stands in the way.

As you can see from

  http://brutus.apache.org/gump/public/project_todos.html

betwixt is now the second most critical project in the tree, preventing
24 projects to compile.

 From the build logs

http://brutus.apache.org/gump/public/jakarta-commons/commons-betwixt/gump_work/build_jakarta-commons_commons-betwixt.html

we understood that it's not a dependency problem (or something that gump
could route around) but the project is failing because tests are failing.

The nags are set to be forwarded to commons-dev@jakarta but I do
understand that gump has been kinda "noisy" so far and for this reason
people might simply not pay attention, this is the reason for this reply.

Why you? well, again, we have no idea on who is working on what, so I
just picked the person that most recently committed something important
to the tree.

If you think that you are not the right person for the task, please
forword it to the appropriate person/mail list.

Stefano.

Re: Betwixt Test Failures

Posted by robert burrell donkin <rd...@apache.org>.
hi stefano

the problem is a bit mysterious: i can't replicate the failure on my
machines (maxOSX and linux). from the failure, it looks like a
reference to an old version of digester has crept in. i've re-generated
the ant build script from the maven project (it hadn't been regenerated
since the dependencies have been updated). there's a chance that this
will fix things. (if not, i'm very, very busy right now so any clues
would be appreciated...)

- robert