Posted to user@oozie.apache.org by Harish Krishnan <ha...@gmail.com> on 2013/05/06 01:17:01 UTC

Doubt in enhancements made to common shared libraries for all action.

Hi all,

In our enterprise setup, our oozie instance being run as a particular user
say admin and we have the impersonation in place so admin acts as a proxy
user to submit a job. Recently we observed that when a job is submitted as
non-admin user, oozie fails only if the admin's home directory on hdfs is
set with permission 700. Upon debugging we observed that it is trying to
access */user/admin/share/lib/oozie *path on hdfs and fails with
HadoopAccessorException.

We came across this JIRA https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OOZIE-628 which
talks about enhancements made to the common shared libraries for all
actions. We feel that the documentation is incorrect when it states that *
oozie.service.WorkflowAppService.system.libpath* is accessed if and only if
*oozie.use.system.libpath* is set to true.  It is more correct to say that *
oozie.service.WorkflowAppService.system.libpath* is always used for common
shared libraries used by every action, but action specific libraries will
only be obtained using *oozie.service.WorkflowAppService.system.libpath* as
its library root path if *oozie.use.system.libpath* is set to true.

Is this a known issue? If so is there a JIRA to track this so we can learn
how to overcome the issue.  Any help is really appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,
Harish.T.K

Re: Doubt in enhancements made to common shared libraries for all action.

Posted by Harish Krishnan <ha...@gmail.com>.
Yes sure will do it.

Posted by Virag Kothari <vi...@yahoo-inc.com>.
Hi Harish,