Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by dushyant agarwal <ag...@yahoo.co.in> on 2008/11/14 10:22:40 UTC

[TRINIDAD]tr:showDetail or tr:Page

Hi,
I have a functionality in which a tree of different processes has to be displayed in the left hand side of the window. When some one clicks on any process the jsp for that view id has to be displayed on the rest of teh screen. Also a trail of the tasks that have been opened has to be maintained.So that the user may go back to any previous task as desirable.

There is a facility of tr:page, which provides nodeStamp facet for showing the view id's. For showing the trial we can use the tr:train(MaxVisited) component.
But in a page, when I populate  one view & click on another one & click back to the previous view, the values entered are lost. In another scenario I had seen tr:ShowDetailItem used in panelRadio component. There the value entered in one detail Item was retained if we disclosed another item.

Is there any way of setting this type of behavior in tr:page? Should I use some other approach for display? I do not like the Idea of adding CoreShowdetailItem instances at run time if the user clicks on the tree. I want it just the way it is in tr:page.

Thanks,
Dushyant