Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by ayan <he...@yahoo.com> on 2007/07/12 09:47:41 UTC

How to send parameters when navigating a list using t:dataScroller

Got a problem on sending parameter when navigating to a datatable using the
t:dataScroller component. My case was that, I have a search button that
triggers population of data to the datatable, but when I click the
navigation link of dataScroller, my search criteria was not submitted, I
notice that it only submits its own parameter,

(org.apache.catalina.util.ParameterMap)
{form_SUBMIT=[Ljava.lang.String;@1317bfb,
form:scroll=[Ljava.lang.String;@1c2a074,
form:_idcl=[Ljava.lang.String;@b427c1}

How would I be able to add my own request parameter when dataScroller
navigation is triggered? Tried to google it and search it in this forum but
I haven't found an answer.

Pls. help.

Re: DataScroller Problem Fixed?

Posted by KarlGeo <li...@yahoo.com>.
Hi i solved the dataScroller problem;
make sure that your dataTable form is separate from your filter form

<form 1>
filters
</form 1>

<form 2>
dataTable
</form 2>

then in form 2

for each filter property, add the below line.
<t:saveState id=myFilter1 value="#{myBean.filter1}"/>

That way , you save your filters.  This is especially useful for
non-javascript enabled site.

Re: how to stop Ajax poll call through java script

Posted by Ernst Fastl <er...@gmail.com>.

Posted by ayan <he...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Gerald Müllan <gm...@apache.org>.
Hi,

you mean the poll from sandbox` ppr? This is currently not possible,
only starting the poll after a button click. But i need exactly the
same usecase and will implement  this scenario the next week.

cheers,

Gerald

--
http://www.irian.at

Your JSF powerhouse -
JSF Consulting, Development and
Courses in English and German

Professional Support for Apache MyFaces

how to stop Ajax poll call through java script