Posted to general@xerces.apache.org by "Steven J. Hathaway" <sh...@e-z.net> on 2012/10/06 22:29:50 UTC

Xerces - Download Page Issue

Hi,

I am having a problem changing to a specific mirror for  Xerces download.

The selection form has the mirror URIs with a slash appended.
This prevents the mirror.cgi from finding the mirror in the database file.

If the slash is removed from the selection when transmitted to the
mirror.cgi,
then the preferred mirror selection is properly obtained.

This should either be fixed in the Xerces download CGIs or the Apache
mirror.cgi.

Sincerely,
Steven J. Hathaway
Xalan Documentation Project

Re: Xerces - Download Page Issue

Posted by Javier Storni <ja...@yahoo.com>.
UNSUBSCRIBE

________________________________
> On 10/6/2012 1:29 PM, Steven J. Hathaway wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am having a problem changing to a specific mirror for  Xerces
>> download.
>>
>> The selection form has the mirror URIs with a slash appended.
>> This prevents the mirror.cgi from finding the mirror in the database
>> file.
>>
>> If the slash is removed from the selection when transmitted to the
>> mirror.cgi,
>> then the preferred mirror selection is properly obtained.
>>
>> This should either be fixed in the Xerces download CGIs or the Apache
>> mirror.cgi.
>>
>> Sincerely,
>> Steven J. Hathaway
>> Xalan Documentation Project
>>
> More research findings.
>
> It looks like the Apache mirror.cgi python script needs to be fixed.
>
> - Steve

Here is the snip of code from Apache dyn/mirrors/mirrors.cgi
that has the issue:

  # Check if the requested Preferred mirror is in the list
  # Note the user-requested mirror doesn't have a trailing-slash
  prefmir = None
  if preferred:
    for mir in mirrors:
      if mir[2][:-1] == preferred:
        prefmir = mir
        break
  # Otherwise pick a preferred mirror from our country

The list that we extract into our template has the slash
character at the end of each mirror uri.  The mirrors.list
file has a slash character at the end of each mirror uri.
We select from this list and issue a "get" to change the
preferred uri, Preferred[has slash at end of uri/].

This match fails to find our Preferred mirror uri because
the trailing slash SHOULD NOT BE THERE???????
With the trailing slash found in the lists everywhere,
it is hard to automate a form selection to have the slash
removed.

See: xerces and xerces-c mirror and download template pages.

Sincerely,
Steven J. Hathaway

Re: Xerces - Download Page Issue

Posted by sh...@e-z.net.
> On 10/6/2012 1:29 PM, Steven J. Hathaway wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am having a problem changing to a specific mirror for  Xerces
>> download.
>>
>> The selection form has the mirror URIs with a slash appended.
>> This prevents the mirror.cgi from finding the mirror in the database
>> file.
>>
>> If the slash is removed from the selection when transmitted to the
>> mirror.cgi,
>> then the preferred mirror selection is properly obtained.
>>
>> This should either be fixed in the Xerces download CGIs or the Apache
>> mirror.cgi.
>>
>> Sincerely,
>> Steven J. Hathaway
>> Xalan Documentation Project
>>
> More research findings.
>
> It looks like the Apache mirror.cgi python script needs to be fixed.
>
> - Steve

Here is the snip of code from Apache dyn/mirrors/mirrors.cgi
that has the issue:

  # Check if the requested Preferred mirror is in the list
  # Note the user-requested mirror doesn't have a trailing-slash
  prefmir = None
  if preferred:
    for mir in mirrors:
      if mir[2][:-1] == preferred:
        prefmir = mir
        break
  # Otherwise pick a preferred mirror from our country

The list that we extract into our template has the slash
character at the end of each mirror uri.  The mirrors.list
file has a slash character at the end of each mirror uri.
We select from this list and issue a "get" to change the
preferred uri, Preferred[has slash at end of uri/].

This match fails to find our Preferred mirror uri because
the trailing slash SHOULD NOT BE THERE???????
With the trailing slash found in the lists everywhere,
it is hard to automate a form selection to have the slash
removed.

See: xerces and xerces-c mirror and download template pages.

Sincerely,
Steven J. Hathaway

Re: Xerces - Download Page Issue

Posted by sh...@e-z.net.
Hurray!

The patch for mirrors.cgi - INFRA-5376 - has been committed.
Issue Resolved - FIXED

Sincerely,
Steven J. Hathaway

Posted by Michael Glavassevich <mr...@ca.ibm.com>.