Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by "Jonathan S. Fisher" <ex...@gmail.com> on 2019/09/12 13:23:52 UTC

Memory leak in AcitveMQ RA when using failover transport w/ JMS XA Sessions

We've been running TomEE with the JMS patches in prod for a few weeks. It's
nice to have working global transactions!

Unfortunately after sending a couple thousand messages, the servers would
OOME. Turns out this is a known issue:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMQ-6391 We use the failover
transport to auto-reconnect when we restart our brokers.

We did patch a jar of the transactionTracking = false and that seemed to
fix the issue. Not sure if we'd want to do that in TomEE.

We should probably at minimum advise users that using the failover
transport with XA Sessions with inevitably lead to OOMEs.

cheers,

--
Jonathan | exabrial@gmail.com
Pessimists, see a jar as half empty. Optimists, in contrast, see it as half