Posted to c-user@axis.apache.org by Jeff Clary <jc...@euronetworldwide.com> on 2005/04/28 18:58:02 UTC

SimpleAxisServer will not start

Folks,

I am having trouble getting Axis C++ SimpleAxisServer to start under Windows XP.  It gives the following message:

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.

I followed the instructions at http://ws.apache.org/axis/cpp/wininstall-guide.html, in the "Installation with Simple Axis Server" section.  In particular:

1. I created the folder W:\SimpleAxisServer.
2,3,4. I extracted axis-c-1-5-win32.zip copied the deploy folder to W:\SimpleAxisServer, and renamed it Axis.
5,6.  I set AXISCPP_DEPLOY=W:\SimpleAxisServer\Axis and added W:\SimpleAxisServer\Axis\lib to my PATH variable.
7. I copied SimpleAccessServer.exe from the extracted files to W:\SimpleAxisServer.
8,9,10. I copied the required DLLs to W:\SimpleAxisServer\Axis\lib, including xerces-c_2_2_0.dll.  (I renamed AxisXMLParser_Xerces.dll to AxisXMLParser.dll as instructed.)
10. I edited W:\SimpleAxisServer\Axis\axiscpp.conf as follows:

LogPath:W:\SimpleAxisServer\log\AxisLog
WSDDFilePath:W:\SimpleAxisServer\Axis\conf\server.wsdd
XMLParser:W:\SimpleAxisServer\lib\AxisXMLParser.dll
Transport_http:W:\SimpleAxisServer\lib\HTTPTransport.dll
Channel_HTTP:W:\SimpleAxisServer\lib\HTTPChannel.dll
Channel_HTTP_SSL:W:\SimpleAxisServer\lib\HTTPSSLChannel.dll

11. I opened a command prompt in W:\SimpleAxisServer and ran the command "SimpleAxisServer 80".  No joy.  I retried it with port 8080.  Following the note in the instructions, I copied AxisClient.dll to W:\SimpleAxisServer.  In fact, I copied *all* the DLLs from the Axis bin directory to W:\SimpleAxisServer.

I checked the W:\SimpleAxisServer\log\AxisLog file for errors, but it is empty.  (I created it empty just in case Axis needed an existing log file.)

Sorry if this is a FAQ kind of thing, but I searched the lists without finding anything obvious.  I did find something dated 2004-07-06 saying SimpleAxisServer was out of date and has problems.  Could that still be the case?

Thanks,
Jeff

Re: SimpleAxisServer will not start

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
I had posted the same problem and did not get a reply :(

-- dims

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.