Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Vlad Slepukhin <sl...@gmail.com> on 2014/10/23 10:51:43 UTC

Maven Release Plugin Unexpected Behaviour

Hello!

I has already posted this question to StackOverflow, though I didn’t get much help (expect warning about git requirements for 2.5.x version).

The thing is that I’m trying to set up our project deployment to Nexus process via release-plugin. My script is:

git checkout -b release-${RELEASE_VERSION}
mvn org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-release-plugin:2.4.2:prepare -DautoVersionSubmodules=true -DdevelopmentVersion=${RELEASE_VERSION}.1-SNAPSHOT -DpushChanges=true -DreleaseVersion=${RELEASE_VERSION}.0 -Dtag=v${RELEASE_VERSION}.0
mvn  org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-release-plugin:2.4.2:perform

The problem is: if this plugin (and its SCM dependency) is not added to the main project pom, it is going to push your artifact to snapshot repository with wrong name and WONT’T push updates to your branch.

It seems to repeat this problem: https://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MRELEASE-812

However, it was closed in 1.9.1 of maven-scm-provider-gitexe, which I’m using right now.

Any ideas on solving this issue without adding next lines to main pom:

<plugin>
    <artifactId>maven-release-plugin</artifactId>
       <version>2.4.2</version>
       <dependencies>
         <dependency>
           <groupId>org.apache.maven.scm</groupId>
           <artifactId>maven-scm-provider-gitexe</artifactId>
             <version>1.9.2</version>
         </dependency>
       </dependencies>
 </plugin>

--
Kind Regards,
Vlad Slepukhin

Re: Maven Release Plugin Unexpected Behaviour

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.
<plugin>
    <artifactId>maven-release-plugin</artifactId>
    <version>2.5.1</version>
</plugin>

does the job

as does

mvn org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-release-plugin:2.5.1:prepare
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-release-plugin:2.5.1:perform