Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Glen Mazza <gl...@gmail.com> on 2010/09/09 02:00:02 UTC

Questions on the SOAP DataFormat

Hi, I have a couple of questions on the SOAP DataFormat[1]:

1.) The documentation says this DataFormat "provides the basic features
of Apache CXF without need for the CXF Stack."

Does that mean it internally uses the JAX-WS Reference Implementation
which is in the JDK by default?

2.) The section on the "Webservice Client"[2] shows a code snippet on
making a SOAP call and also a potential route for doing the same.  Are
*both* simultaneously needed to make the SOAP call, or just one or the
other will do?  I think you need both, but just wish to confirm.

Thanks,
Glen

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CAMEL/SOAP
[2]