Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Turner, John" <JT...@AAS.com> on 2002/09/19 21:52:23 UTC

RE: two instances of tomcat (in diferent ports) on the same machi ne

Yes, this is absolutely possible.  I have 13 instances (Tomcat 3.1) running
on a single server at the moment.

You will need a different server.xml for each, a different work directory
for each, and each must be on its own connector port (whichever connector
you choose to use).  At least, that is how it is set up on my server.

John

Posted by Ben Ricker <br...@wellinx.com>.
On Thu, 2002-09-19 at 14:52, Turner, John wrote:

> Yes, this is absolutely possible.  I have 13 instances (Tomcat 3.1) running
> on a single server at the moment.
>
> You will need a different server.xml for each, a different work directory
> for each, and each must be on its own connector port (whichever connector
> you choose to use).  At least, that is how it is set up on my server.
>
> John

How do you have multiple server.xmls? Do you use the same startup
script?  Did you use a specific How-To?

Thanks,

Ben Ricker
Wellinx.com