Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by robert woodley <am...@yahoo.com> on 2002/05/09 22:20:04 UTC

?WSDL and WAR files Bug

In theory, when you append ?WSDL to the service URL
and do an HTTP GET you get the WSDL for the service.

However, if you're using WAR files, this doesn't work.
I have looked at the code in AxisServlet.doGet() and
found that this is by design, i.e. there are these
lines:

String realpath =
context.getRealPath(req.getServletPath());
if (realpath != null) {
   ..... most of the code in doGet
}

So.... this looks like an (albeit minor) bug. But it
shouldn't be hard to fix. And then we could use WAR
files AND the ?WSDL URL functionality.

Pls advise.

Thanks
Bob Woodley