Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Prasad Kashyap <go...@gmail.com> on 2006/06/27 21:35:21 UTC

Lineendings in assembly plugin

While assembling the Geronimo project with the assembly plugin, we
have to set different line endings for different formats that we
assembly. For the zip format, we'd like the <lineending> to be CRLF
while for the tar.* formats we'd like it to be LF.

Does anybody have ideas on how we can achieve this easily without
duplicating the descriptor ?

Thanx in advance
Prasad

Re: Lineendings in assembly plugin

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
You'd basically need to duplicate and alter the descriptor at this
point. However, you can use the "component" part of the model to factor
out anything they'd have in common.

That said, Geronimo has had this discussion at some length before
(probably around the 1.0-M5 or so release last year).

My opinion was not to worry about the line endings of most files, and it
is important to set the correct line endings on the shell scripts and
batch files regardless of what archive they are in.

The only ones I consider giving windows line endings otherwise are
README files since notepad is about the only app in the world that can't
deal with both :)

- Brett

Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Apache Maven - http://maven.apache.org/