Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Unico Hommes <un...@hippo.nl> on 2004/07/01 16:10:07 UTC

JMS block

I've just committed some refactorings to the JMS block to provide more
generic support for using JMS in cocoon. Previously the JMSConnection
component was specifically geared towards topic subscription and
publishing but did not have support for JMS queuing. Also, it provided a
mix of threadsafe (Connection objects) and singlethreaded (Session,
Publisher) objects. Instead I've introduced a JMSConnectionManager
component that configures, starts, stops and closes JMS Connection
objects. This component therefore replaces the JMConnection component.

According to our versioning manifesto: "An unstable block has an API
that can change without notice." , since the JMS block is unstable we
could remove the JMSConnection component. But perhaps  people using it
in their own code currently or have otherwise objections (I also still
need to rewrite some component in the Slide block). So please let me
know your opinion about it if you have any. Perhaps it is better to go
through deprecation period before first.

--
Unico

Re: JMS block

Posted by Ugo Cei <ug...@apache.org>.
Il giorno 01/lug/04, alle 16:55, Unico Hommes ha scritto:

> Not so much an expert I must say ;-). I did see mail just when I was
> reviewing some of our JMS support and I think it is a great idea. I've
> been playing around with activemq a bit and it looks very nice. Your
> suggestion certainly has a place on my todo list (which unfortunately
> does not garantee anything :-()

I wasn't certainly expecting anything guaranteed, but having had no
reply at all I was starting to think my message had been overlooked
because everyone was on vacation ;-).

	Ugo

--
Ugo Cei - http://beblogging.com/