Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com> on 2010/09/17 13:42:43 UTC

[RELEASE] WASP/SWARM/Wicket security 1.4.1 released, roadmap for future direction

The Wicket Security project WASP/SWARM has released a new version: 1.4.1

News worthy changes:

* Moved code from SwarmStrategy to AbstractSwarmStrategy to allow
  reuse with different implementations
* Logout now uses Session.invalidate() instead of invalidateNow(), to
   prevent problems with the request logger
* Spring example is now based on Spring 3
* Wicket dependency upgraded to 1.4.12

You can download the release from the Wicket stuff repository:

http://wicketstuff.org/maven/repository/org/apache/wicket/wicket-security/

Or upgrade using the following in your pom:

<dependency>
    <groupId>org.apache.wicket.wicket-security</groupId>
    <artifactId>swarm</artifactId>
    <version>1.4.1</version>
</dependency>

ROADMAP
========

Milestone 1.5-M1

As Wicket Security will not be adopted into core, we'll be changing
the package name and project name going forward. We're still not sure
about the final name, but these two are the runners up:

 - Chitin
 - Wicket Keeper

Both are nice names, and both have their pros and cons. Let us know
which one you prefer.

Furthermore we'll be adding new annotations such that you'll be able
to authorize your pages using a Java class (for the principal) and an
annotation on your page to specify which principals are required. This
will eliminate the need for the policy files.

Future milestones

* Support for Wicket 1.5
* A new home
* Deployment to maven central instead of wicketstuff repo

We expect to release the first milestone in a week or so.

Re: [RELEASE] WASP/SWARM/Wicket security 1.4.1 released, roadmap for future direction

Posted by Ichiro Furusato <ic...@gmail.com>.
I haven't been following this that closely (I've only been acquainted
with Wicket for a few days) but on installing Wasp and Swarm and then
(on learning it wouldn't be a final solution) giving up on it to go
back to wicket-auth-roles as a simpler solution, might there be
another possibility? Why not work on finalising a wicket-security
package that is comprised on a security API (with no implementation),
then have Wasp, Swarm, some kind of Spring bridge, etc. as competing
implementations? That would permit a stable security solution to be
provided via API whilst not "polluting" the core with an unproven
solution, or with a solution that will always have
application-specific alternatives.

Just an idea anyway.

As to name, please choose one that isn't too cute. It doesn't have to
be a brand, just a recognisable name or just an acronym with a
reasonable explication.

Ichiro

Posted by nino martinez wael <ni...@gmail.com>.
For the names, I'd probably go for "Wicket Keeper" or playaround with
services like this:

http://acronymcreator.net

A few samples from first shot of "framework formerly know as wicket security" :

FRESh: Framework foRmerly wickEt Security
FEISty: Framework formErly wIcket Security
FLAWlEsS: Framework formerLy As WickEt Security
ROAST: fRamework fOrmerly As SecuriTy

regards Nino

Posted by Leonardo D'Alimonte <le...@loginet.it>.
Sounds good, the workaround of adding mirror repository to the pom works
finally. Now I'm going on having discussions with properties file inside the
project and resolving JUnit errors.

Leonardo

Posted by Emond Papegaaij <em...@topicus.nl>.
Wicket security for 1.4 is no longer maintained and it was never released as
part of WicketStuff core. If you want to use wicket security on 1.4, I suggest
you build it yourself from https://github.com/dashorst/wicketstuff-security .
This is where we put it before adding it to WicketStuff core. Starting with
1.5, wicket security is part of core and released together with the other
modules. The WicketStuff maven repository is no longer available, as far as I
know.

Best regards,
Emond

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
Hi,

<le...@loginet.it> wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I'm still having troubles downloading Swarm 1.4 from the Wicketstuff Maven
> repository, GitHub alerts me that "File Not Found"...
> Is this version (i know isn't the latest..) so difficult to recover??
>
> Thanks,
> Leonardo

Martin Grigorov
jWeekend
Training, Consulting, Development
http://jWeekend.com

Re: [RELEASE] WASP/SWARM/Wicket security 1.4.1 released, roadmap for future direction

Posted by Leonardo D'Alimonte <le...@loginet.it>.
Great!
The main repository
(http://wicketstuff.org/maven/repository/org/apache/wicket/wicket-security/swarm/)
seems to miss the latest release of Swarm, I can see only 1.4-SNAPSHOT/ and
with incomplete dependencies...anyway the mirror repository works perfectly
:)

Leonardo

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>.
All is working now.

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Leonardo D'Alimonte <le...@loginet.it>.
Martin,

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>.
Try

http://wicketstuff.org/maven/mirror

I've uploaded our internal artifactory wicketstuff cache.

Martijn