Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Stefano Unternaehrer <st...@ti.ch> on 2001/11/02 11:02:33 UTC

[TOMCAT] Conflicts between more daemons

Hello.

We have an HP webserver running HP-UX 11.0, with 3 tomcat
distributions installed, for different projects.
One is v. 3.2.1, two are v. 3.2.3.

I configured all server.xml files with different ports
(8080, 8081, 8082) and started the daemons, and all _seems_
to works fine. All tomcats runs with the same JAVA_HOME but
different TOMCAT_HOME .

Unfortunately, when 2nd and 3rd tomcat starts, we receive
following output:

  FATAL:java.net.BindException: Address already in use

I saw something related to this in the mailinglist archive,
but didn't find a solution.
Moreover, all 3 tomcat distributions create work dirs with
name starting with "localhost_8080".

It arrives that when we kill just one tomcat, others tomcat
are also killed or doesn't respond anymore.

Is there a way to solve this conflicts? Thank you for any hints.
Best regards,
Stefano
--
 Sometimes it pays to stay in bed on Monday, rather than spending the
 rest of the week debugging the Monday's code.          -- Dan Salmon